About Andy Friedman
According to CNBC, Andy Friedman is “one of the nation’s most sought-after speakers on all things political.” An expert on political affairs, Andy is known for predicting the outcomes of Washington tax and fiscal deliberations and providing financial advisors and investors with strategies to consider in light of the changing political landscape.
Andy was a senior partner with the law firm of Covington & Burling in Washington, D.C., where he practiced for almost thirty years, serving as head of the tax and corporate groups. He received his bachelor degree as valedictorian from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, and his law degree from the Harvard Law School.
Andy also served as tax counsel to Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, and the National Hockey League.
Andy appears on CNBC, which refers to him as “Wall Street’s Tax Expert” and calls him "one of Washington's savviest political observers." Andy also has appeared on the Larry Kudlow Show, the Fox Business Channel, and POTUS radio, has been profiled in the Washington Post and Research Magazine, and is quoted extensively in publications ranging from the Wall Street Journal to USA Today.
Andy is included in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers' America's Leading Lawyers for Business, which notes that “Andy’s ability to combine vast knowledge and a practical mindset permits him to convey the most complex of tax concepts in layman’s terms. He is the expert’s expert. If every lawyer were like him, the world would be a much better place.”
About Jeff Bush
“…advisors and end clients loved him! Since yesterday, I have received four requests from advisors that would like to use Jeff for client seminars…The team also told me that we should see a few more million into our funds.” – D. Drew, Fred Alger & Company, Incorporated
“Your presentation brought value to our clients, reinforced our existing client relationships and is already acting as a springboard for increasing our affluent client acquisition.” -- L.K., Sun Trust Investment Services
Dynamic. Informative. Insightful. Thought Provoking. Passionate. Timely. Impartial. These are some of the words used to describe Jeff Bush’s unique ability to decode difficult and confusing tax and fiscal information coming out of Washington. He simplifies this information for his audience and provides practical and usable takeaways that they can implement in their businesses.
As a colleague of Andy Friedman and an integral part of The Washington Update, the industry thought leader that guides domestic clients through the complex and ever-changing political and tax environment and helps international audiences understand United States politics, Jeff
- does more than 300 presentations yearly in the US and abroad.
- has a client base that includes Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Fred Alger & Company, Edward Jones, Ameriprise Financial, LPL, Raymond James, Sun Trust, US Trust, Eaton Vance, Prudential, Transamerica, MetLife, Lincoln Financial Group and many others.
- is best known as a keynote speaker, but has been included on panels alongside such notable presenters as former Tennessee Congressman Harold Ford, Jr.; Consuelo Mack, host of Wealth Track; Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Chief Investment Officer Jeffrey Applegate; Putnam Investments Chief Executive Officer Bob Reynolds; Eric Stein, Eaton Vance Co-Director of Global Fixed Income and Portfolio Manager; J.P. Morgan Funds Chief Global Strategist Dr. David Kelly; Ron Insana, reporter for Market Score Board Report and former CNBC Senior Analyst; and, Dr. Quincy Krosby, Prudential Annuities Chief Market Strategist.
- has been featured in Investment News and as an analyst on POTUS Sirius/XM radio.
A Proven Industry Leader
Jeff is a 26-year veteran of the financial industry. He
- was responsible for serving 7,500 financial advisors in the western United States by providing creative investment strategies and effective risk mitigation approaches during a 10-year career at Merrill Lynch.
- was managing a $50+ billion business by the end of his Wall Street career.\
- was the youngest managing partner in the 150-year history of New England Financial, an investment and tax risk consulting firm.
- began his career at Principal Financial Group where he handled complex underwriting issues before moving into the areas of research and development.
- is the recipient of numerous national awards for his leadership, sales and business growth.
Educated and Civic Minded
An Eagle Scout and licensed pilot, Jeff holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration/Management with emphasis in accounting and philosophy from William Jewell College. He is
- a founding member of the Tulsa Air and Space Museum where he served on the board of directors and as vice president of education.
- a board member of STARBASE, OK, an educational outreach program for the Air National Guard that serves at-risk elementary school children in a three-state radius.
- an alumni member of the Financial Advisory Network for the Experimental Aircraft Association.
Jeff is available to make the same timely presentations updating developments in Washington and how they affect investors. Jeff can be reached at 918-704-2001 or by clicking here. His website is JeffBush.net.
Andy Friedman explains the fiscal deadlines facing Congress in 2013, including the sequestration spending cuts and the upcoming debate over raising the nation's borrowing limit.
Jeff Bush discusses the budget situation in Washington D.C. and its impact on the future direction of taxes.